Monday, May 26, 2014

39 weeks pregnant + blessing way


Technically today was my original due date based on my cycle but based on ultrasounds I have one week left. ;) 
I'm seriously trying to enjoy every moment as much as I can but that is really hard to do when being pregnant is so difficult. I wish I could enjoy my pregnancy like I did with Ezra but this SPD is kicking my butt. I'm surprised I can still stand at the end of the day! Sleeping isn't helping the issue anymore either, thanks to pregnancy insomnia. I'll wake up at like 2 am and then only sleep in 20-30 minute increments for the rest of the night. I'm so not used to that - I usually sleep like a rock. I guess it's preparing me for nightly feedings with the new baby. ;) If only not sleeping was my only problem... I won't bore you with the details of all the pain I go through with my back/pelvis issues but if you think about it, please pray for me! I'd really appreciate it. :)

I had a blessing way last Tuesday which was absolutely awesome. If you're unfamiliar with a blessing way, basically myself and about 10 other ladies got together for yummy snacks and each lady brought 2 identical beads with her: one for herself and one for me. She kept one to wear on a bracelet to remember to pray for me whenever she looked at it during the last couple weeks of my pregnancy, and then she gave me the other one to put on a bracelet so that I have each bead with me during labor to remember all the people who are praying for me and to help me focus. Then each lady gave me one word (which they also wrote in a photo album where we would put a picture of us together) that they wanted me to focus on. Words like patience, joy, love, faithful... they all explained why they chose that word and what it should mean to me in my situation. It was really amazing. Then we all just talked about birth stories and other fun mom things while I got a foot and hand massage to relax and pamper me. They all wrote encouraging words on a banner that I can put in my hospital room during labor and then they all gathered around and prayed for me. It was such an encouraging night (and obviously pink & cheetah themed) and I can definitely feel when one of them is praying for me during the day. I often have anxiety about going for a VBAC and wondering when labor will begin so the pregnancy pain can end. I know that it's all in God's hands and He will choose the perfect birth date for our baby girl. I am so blessed.





This weekend has been so perfect. I love having Marcus home to spend time with me and Ezra. Ezra got a water table for Christmas so we finally put it to use now that it's been super nice outside. I have been waiting for nice weather so that Ezra can play outside for MONTHS! He basically just splashed all the water out of the table and soaked himself, but he loved it. We went on a walk on Sunday which was probably not a good idea since I felt like I was going to fall apart by the time we got home, but we stopped for lemonade on the way which I'd been craving. Yummmmm. 



Today, on Memorial Day, we went to my parents' house where my mom had a kiddie pool filled up with warm water for Ezra. We put some toys in it which he proceeded to throw out of the pool so that we threw them back in so that he could throw them out again. Then he stepped in and out of the pool about 50 times in a row. We would all cheer for him when he got in and out without falling (because he's not the most graceful toddler) and he would clap for himself and then splash so much that water got all over him. He was loving it. Then we went to Marcus' grandma's house where all of his family was painting all day and Ezra ran around in the grass until it was time to go. 





Ezra is such a fun toddler and deserves the world. As much as I love spending all my time with him, we're so ready for his baby sister to arrive... hopefully soon! 

Hope you had a great long weekend, and Happy Memorial Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment