Saturday, December 27, 2014

rainbow snack mix crunch


I made some delicious snack mix for a game night we're having with a bunch of family at my parents' house tonight. It's so simple & delicious that I had to share the recipe! 


All you need is some mini pretzels, white popcorn, rice Chex cereal, white chocolate, m&m's and sprinkles. You can add nuts if you want, too. It's a very customizable recipe - add or leave out anything you want, make as much or as little as you need!

I started by mixing the mini pretzels, popcorn and Chex cereal together. I put them in a 9x13 dish at first but before moving on to the next step, I decided a big bowl would be easier for mixing. I didn't measure any of this, but just put equal parts of the three until they filled this baking pan. 

Then I melted the white chocolate (I had about 0.85 lbs) at 50% heat until it was all melted (about 3 minutes, stir, then 3 more minutes).


Then I just poured it over the mixture and stirred carefully and slowly, a little bit at a time, until all the mix was evenly coated with white chocolate.


After that, before the chocolate hardened, I poured in some m&m's (I used almost all of a medium bag) and put on some rainbow sprinkles and stirred it all together. After everything was evenly mixed, I poured it all onto a jelly roll pan to set.


Once it was dry & hard, I broke up all the big pieces and put it into a bowl. And that's it! 
You could customize this to go with a holiday, like red and green sprinkles and m&m's for Christmas, or pink and red for Valentine's day, or use school colors and make it for a graduation party. This would be great to make with all your leftover holiday m&m's and snacks! You could throw in Reese's Pieces, leave out the sprinkles, add a different kind of cereal, use colored candy melts or milk chocolate... it's easy to make it your own! 


I'm trying not to eat this before our game night tonight... hopefully it doesn't all get eaten so I can bring home the extra! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment