Wednesday, February 3, 2016

christ be all around me

I heard this song yesterday by All Sons and Daughters for the first time and I can't stop listening to it.


The chorus says, "Above and below me, before and behind me, in every eye that sees me, Christ be all around me." 

I love that. Christ be all around me. That's my prayer daily! Shouldn't that be what we as Christ followers desire? That Christ would be all around us throughout our day?


The verses say: 
"As I rise, strength of God, go before me, lift me up. As I wake, eyes of God, look upon, be my sight.

As I wait, heart of God, satisfy and sustain. As I hear, voice of God, lead me on, be my guide.
As I go, hand of God, my defense, by my side. And as I rest, breath of God, fall upon, bring me peace."

I prayed these words this morning while I was making breakfast for my family. What a way to start the day! 

Strength of God, go before me.
Heart of God, satisfy.
Voice of God, lead me on.
Hand of God, my defense.
Breath of God, bring me peace.

Powerful.

This is so important to pray over our kids, too, isn't it? I want my kids to hear God's voice, to feel his peace, to know that the God goes before them and gives them strength! 

I want others who look at me to see Christ all around me. Especially my children. I am a living example of the Bible for my kids, who don't know how to read His word yet. I am who they see all day long, who they learn from. They learn how to react, how to pray, how to listen, how to speak, how to work hard, how to obey... from me. And without Christ, I'm a pretty poor example for them.

So I pray that Christ is all around me, giving me strength and peace, being my defense and satisfaction, so that I can raise my children in a way that pleases Him. I pray that my children and family and strangers I don't even know see Christ all around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment