Friday, October 23, 2015

a piece of our adoption puzzle

I've posted this on Facebook already, but in case you missed it...

Many people have already asked us how they can help financially on our adoption journey. International adoption is expensive, y'all. There are several reasons that we are pursuing international adoption over domestic adoption, but that's a post for a later date. We don't love asking for money, but we realize that this is much more than that; we are asking you to be a part of our journey, and a part of our children's stories!

So to help us with the funds, we are doing a PUZZLE FUNDRAISER! 



Here's how it works:

1. We bought a custom 252-piece puzzle with our adoption design on it! We are "selling" each piece.

2. To "buy" a piece, go to our You Caring page and make a donation of any amount that you choose. Here's the link: click here
(There's a button on the top of the blog for donations as well!)

*You can also donate in person! You'll notice our "goal" is $40,000. We don't expect to get $40,000 in donations right on our fundraising website, but that's our estimate of costs. We plan on doing other fun fundraisers to reach our goal!

3. Once you "purchase" a piece, we will write your name on a puzzle piece, take a picture of it, and upload it to a puzzle fundraiser album on Facebook.

4. Once all the pieces are "sold", we will assemble the puzzle and put it in a double sided glass frame for our children to see.


How cool will it be to show our future children the names of all the people who loved them and supported us/helped us bring them home before they even knew them?

*If you make an anonymous donation on our You Caring page, I will write "anonymous" on that puzzle piece unless you contact me to let me know that you'd like your family name on it.

*All donations go directly into a separate adoption savings account. We've already had to pay thousands in fees so far, so any donation at this time helps!

We will be having more fundraisers in the coming weeks and months including a yard sale, pancake fundraiser, and t-shirt fundraiser, but for now, this is a general place for you to donate. 


Thank you for having a "piece" in the journey that God has called us to!


4 comments:

  1. So, I just direct messaged you on Instagram and then got on your blog to stalk your journey. This post made me bawl like. A. Baby! This is so beautiful. I feel like I was definitely sent to your Instagram for a reason. God is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I made a donation a few weeks ago in honor of Eddie Kaufholz and was wondering if maybe I had missed the photo on Facebook. I just want him to be able to see it. So excited to be part of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes, I got your donation - thank you! The reason I did not post it on Facebook is because I did not know who to tag - I don't know who Eddie is and I don't know a Bethany Burklund. I'd be glad to post it anyway, though! I wrote on the piece the day we received the donation. :)

      Delete
    2. That makes sense. I saw the posting; thanks!

      Delete