Monday, February 2, 2015

our weekend.

I hope you all had an amazing weekend! Outside my window, I see about a foot of snow as a result of our Wisconsin weekend, but we still made the most of it! 

Friday morning, Ezra's BFF Roxie came over to play like she does every Friday. She & Ezra are so cute together. They love spinning in circles, looking out the window, and of course having snacks.


On Friday night, Marcus & I went to a progressive dinner at our church. It was Mexican themed, so obviously it was my jaaaaam. I could eat Mexican food every single day. The main course was catered by my favorite restaurant, Hacienda Real! We started with appetizers at the home of a couple from our church and then went to our church for the fajitas and dessert. It was so much fun getting to know some new couples from church and hang out with friends! Selah actually went into the nursery on the opposite end of the church while we ate and she did pretty well, except towards the end when she just missed her mama. ;) 


On Saturday, Marcus worked most of the day but in the morning, my sister-in-law came to trim Ezra's hair. Ezra has been "growing out" his hair since Father's Day. He's had it trimmed 2 or 3 other times before that just to get it out of his face. Marcus prefers the shorter look, and I wish we could grow it out long enough to have a part down the middle and tuck it behind his ears like my brother, Jake.


Anyway, after Ezra getting called a girl two days in a row due to his luscious locks, Marcus thought we better trim it. And let me tell you, it looks ADORABLE!



He looks so much older now. Saturday morning right before he got it cut, he sneezed right into his hair that was hanging in his face. So, a cut was probably necessary. I don't have to brush it out of his eyes now but it still swoops to one side, which I love.



I got the nasty ends of my hair trimmed off as well. I'm so glad I have family who will come to me on a cold day so I don't have to take the two kids to her salon in the cold!

Marcus got home around 3:00 on Saturday and I went grocery shopping and then we made chicken quesadillas for dinner. If you follow me on Vine, you'll see a little clip of Ezra saying "quesadilla" - it's adorable. 


On Sunday morning, church was canceled because quite a few inches of snow had fallen already. We had a nice, cozy morning in. 


When Marcus came out into the living room, Selah saw him and starting crawling towards him with a huge smile on her face. Marcus scooped her up and sat on the couch with her and she couldn't have been any happier. I snapped a picture of the two of them cuddling and then remembered I had a picture of Ezra snuggling with Marcus on the couch at this same time last year, also on a Sunday morning!







After a morning of cartoons, we headed out at noon to Marcus' parents house for his dad's birthday lunch. His dad actually grilled out - outside - in the "blizzard!" The brats were delicious. We came home and put the kids down for naps while we watched Netflix, and then my parents came over for the Superbowl. 

I made a coffee cake earlier in the morning to eat after pizza during the game, and it was so good! Recipe here. I also made a glaze for it by mixing 1 cup of powdered sugar with 2 T of milk and a little bit of vanilla. I cut the 9x13 pan into 15 slices and each piece is 184 calories - much better than I thought after I saw all the butter in this recipe! It was a yummy treat. 




I didn't care too much about the game because the Packers weren't in it, but what an ending! My brother & I were mostly just entertained by the dancing sharks at half time. 

Selah is pulling up to stand and basically trying to walk. She finally started crawling hands and knees this weekend, too! (Video here.) She still prefers belly on the ground and pulling herself with her elbows, though. 


We had a nice, laid back weekend. Tonight is "date night" at MOPS at my church which means Marcus gets to join me for dinner with all my mama friends and their husbands! I'm excited for yummy food, and any extra time I get to spend with my man is time well spent. 


Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment