Thursday, February 12, 2015

valentine's day plans!

Valentine's day will forever fall smack in the middle of busy season where Marcus has to work 270 hours in the month of February, so we never have huge plans. I'm just thankful it falls on a Saturday this year because even though he works, he's home by 3:00 pm! 

We never do anything big for Valentine's Day and I know it's just a "Hallmark holiday" but it's nice to show love to everyone you care about on this day. Plus, his birthday is just 5 days later so we sort of celebrate both at the same time. 

I would love to make some pink & red treats with the small humans this week but I know when I have snacks in the house, I'm more likely to get off track and take a few nibbles! I am going to make cookies for Marcus' work for his birthday next week, but I plan on making those the night before and sending them with him to work in the morning so that I can't eat any! 

I've shared the recipe for my rainbow snack mix crunch on the blog before. It would be fun to change the "rainbow" part to pink and red for Valentine's day with pink and red M&Ms and sprinkles! I might make something different that we haven't had before. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and it looks adorable, yummy, and so simple that Ezra could help me! 


I also saw these adorable mason jar "lanterns" that you mod-podge tissue paper onto... I always have mason jars lying around and these would be cute candles all year since I love burning them.

I have some other cute craft and food ideas pinned on my Valentine's day board here if you want to check them out! I'm not sure what crafts & treats we'll do yet, but I'll post here once we're done!

Our plans for Valentine's day are to put the kids to bed at 7:00 and then order in dinner & dessert from a restaurant. We'll each pick a movie to watch and then play games, watch a movie, and eat! I'll have candles going to make it more like Valentine's Day and less like a regular date night in. ;) When you have two small humans, dates at home are the best kind! Since Marcus' birthday is right around the corner, he's gotten a lot of email coupons for local restaurants for BOGO meals or free dessert, so Valentine's Day is the perfect time to use them!

The small humans each have simple little Valentine's Day outfits which I'll take pictures of and post next week. They'll be adorable, as always! We don't usually do gifts on this holiday, but I have a small homemade gift for my hubby (which I won't post about until later since I know he reads my blog). ;) What are your love day plans? Let me tell you, I wish we had a Rocky Rococo's in town because their heart shaped pizza looks amazing!

Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment