Thursday, January 29, 2015

100 calorie banana chocolate chip muffins

I just had to post this recipe on the blog because these are some of the easiest to make and yummiest low-cal muffins I've ever tried! You can customize the recipe a little bit if you want, and these muffins make the perfect snack to go with a cup of coffee! 


The amount of calories in each muffin varies depending on how many muffins you make with this recipe. With this exact recipe, I made 17 muffins at 108 calories each. If you used this recipe to make 24 muffins, they'd be 77 calories each, and it makes 20 muffins at 92 calories each. You could even make 12 big muffins for 154 each! 

Here's the recipe I used:
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
  • 1/3 c. chocolate chips


Making them is super simple! I don't even bring out my stand mixer for these, I literally used a fork to stir it all together! 

Mash the bananas with a fork in a medium sized bowl. Add in the egg and sugar and mix well. Add applesauce, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour and stir, and finally the chocolate chips. 







You can add more chocolate chips if you want, of course, but it just adds more calories. You could also add another banana! I didn't use paper muffin cups, I just greased muffin pans and scooped the batter evenly until it was gone - I ended up with 17 muffins. Scooping more or less could make bigger or smaller muffins, obviously. The ones I made are the perfect size for breakfast or a little snack! Throw them in the oven at 375 for 15-17 minutes. They will overcook easily so check the oven right at 15 minutes! They should be nice and golden on top. 

Ezra loves them, too! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This was so delicious! I made it last night and ate it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete