Wednesday, May 14, 2014

37 weeks - full term! + Mother's Day

As of today, I'm 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant. That means baby is full term! 



I hope all you moms had a wonderful Mother's Day! I definitely did. My day started off with breakfast in bed: bacon, egg & cheese biscuits (with extra bacon) made by my husband. And I got to sleep in until 8:30! Ezra and Squirt each gave me a Thirty-One bag. Ezra gave me the All-Pro Tote (which was an April special) and Squirt got me a large utility tote in "cross pop pink" (I think?). I used the utility tote in Squirt's closet to hold all her extra crib sheets and blankets and the All-Pro tote will be a great beach/pool bag! Marcus gave me a gift card to K&W Greenery so that I can buy hanging baskets and flowers to plant. I'm so excited! 

We went to church where I got a sweet card from my brother & his girlfriend and then we went to Olive Garden with them and my parents for lunch. We went to my mom's house afterwards to play games and let Ezra nap. My mom gave me a present which was another large utility tote but in the print "pink lotsa dots" and it had my name on the front in turquoise. This will be my hospital overnight bag for when Squirt decides to arrive. ;) My mom filled the tote with a ton of cheetah print stuff: a water cup with lid for in the hospital, a picture frame for Squirt's room, flip flops and nursing pajamas. Then she got me slippers for the hospital, and she got Ezra a onesie that says "big bro" with a matching "lil sis" one for Squirt, along with 4 pairs of cute leg warmers for her, plus a little baby doll. :)

After Ezra woke up, we went to Marcus' parents house to give his mom her gift and Ezra played with Marcus' younger sister. And by played with, I mean he threw a toy ball at her several times in a row and she would toss it back. He thought it was hilarious. 

This week we finally finished (almost!) the nursery! All we're waiting on is for the curtains to be made. We hung her name on the wall (which is the cutest thing ever) and hung the tulle pom poms in the corner that I said my mom ordered on Etsy. They're super cute and will give baby Squirt something to look up at when she's laying in her crib! 


I absolutely adore the nursery. I can't wait to reveal the entire thing, curtains and name included! ;)

Now, on to more important business: my doctor's appointment today. Baby girl's heart rate was about 140. I'll never get tired of hearing that sound! My belly measured 35 cm again (same as last week) which just means baby is dropping. My doctor did mention that this could mean she will be smaller than Ezra was (he was born at 7 lbs 7 oz) because at 37 weeks with him, I'm pretty sure my belly measured 36 cm. Not a huge difference but I'd love another small baby! ;) My doctor said baby is even lower this week and is at a -2 station, which is lower than Ezra was when I was induced with him at 40 weeks 6 days. So that's good! I definitely feel her little head down there... ouch! I'm still a fingertip dilated but I'm 80% effaced, which is 80% more than last week! I'm so thankful that I'm making progress on my own. VBAC here I come! We are so ready for baby Squirt to make her appearance, so as soon as she's ready to come out, we will excitedly welcome her! There's a full moon tonight, and they say that can put you into labor (it happened to a few people I know!) so we'll see... ;) 

Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment