Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas! 

Like I mentioned before, we had 5 family Christmases this year, starting last Saturday. Christmas Eve morning was when we celebrated with Marcus' parents and his siblings plus their spouses and children. 
My brother-in-law and his fiance made these blankets for all 5 of the little ones! Selah's has owls and Ezra's has cars on it. He now sleeps with it every night. 



We had monkey bread, delicious breakfast bakes, stockings, movie quoting, laughing and quality time together, all of which are the best part of the Christmas season. The small humans got some awesome new toys and books, and Marcus and I got nice things, too, including a few gift cards which are always a favorite to receive.

Then we headed home for naps before Christmas Eve service at church in the evening. After the service, we went to my parent's house for dinner & gifts with my dad's parents and my dad's two sisters who live in California. Ezra & Selah had fun playing with my little cousins Suri & Soleil, who are 3 & 1. Selah wore her second fancy Christmas dress of the year and got a picture with her best friend, Gwen! 


Selah is always pretty chill and Gwen is always smiling and happy, so this picture pretty much sums them up perfectly. And yes, Selah is a beast. (Gwen is almost 2 months older)


Ezra & Selah got these adorable Dumbo and Mickey Mouse stuffed animals from their Great Aunt Meredith and Great Uncle Praveen, which Ezra calls "Dodo" and "Me Mouse". I think that he thinks both of them are for him.


We got Ezra just one present for Christmas this year since we knew he would get tons of gifts from other relatives. We just had to give him Chase from Paw Patrol since we gave him Marshall for his birthday. He loved it, of course.



On Christmas morning, after we gave Ezra his gift, we let him and Selah open their stockings, which just had some animal crackers for him and a rattle toy for Selah but animal crackers for Ezra are like cheesecake for me - pretty much the greatest thing ever and always a welcome gift. So, he was a happy camper, as you can tell by his cheesy grin.



Then we went to my mom's house for breakfast: french toast bake & danishes, and of course lots of coffee. 



Ezra was in pretty good spirits despite having a cold. He really loved sitting in the box of all the wrapping paper scraps!



Obviously while reading his new book about vehicles. This kid is obsessed with trucks.


Selah napped through pretty much all of the gift opening, so I got to open all her stuff for her. My mom got her a spring wardrobe and some pink toys since everything she plays with currently is blue because it used to be Ezra's. She really loved her pretty new light-up mirror once she finally woke up! She even helped Gramps open a couple things.




Ezra got a nap in, too, before we headed to my uncle's house for celebrating with my mom's side of the family.



We had a yummy ham dinner and then a gift exchange. We ended up with some essential oil soaps/salves and a gift card to the movie theaters. I think it's safe to say that we are gift exchange pros by this point; we always leave with something awesome.

I think you know you're officially grown up when your favorite gifts at Christmas are an essential oil organizer and guidebook, a new coat, new clothes, gift cards, and a power drill, which were what Marcus and I got that we're most excited about. (Oh, and a ticket to the Packers game this Sunday!) They say Christmas when you have kids is even better than Christmas as a kid, and it's so true. Watching Ezra's and Selah's faces light up when they saw new toys, and seeing Ezra excited to rip open the wrapping paper just filled my heart. Huge thanks to all of our family that spoiled our kids with gifts this year! 

We had such an amazing Christmas, and we couldn't celebrate anything without the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Now that I have a children of my own, I more deeply understand the sacrifice God made by sending his only son to earth to die for us. I'm so thankful and so blessed.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment