Tuesday, April 15, 2014

33 weeks!


Only 7 weeks left until my due date! Crazy! It still feels very far away but it also feels super close. I remember back in January when we found out she was a girl, I wanted to get started on the nursery. With Marcus right in busy season at work, I knew we would have absolutely no time to paint or do anything until busy season was done thanks to his 70+ hour work weeks. He told me he would take a few days off in mid April after busy season so that we could paint. Well, today busy season ends! After today, he's taking the rest of the week off. We'll pick a paint color and start painting on Saturday. I'm so excited! I remember thinking that April was way too close to my due date to begin the nursery. With Ezra, the nursery was completely done for a month already at this point in pregnancy. The only thing done in Squirt's nursery is her closet! It's packed with adorable clothes, shoes & headbands!

I will update on the nursery next week once we get the paint on the walls. Then we have to get bins to organize all her accessories, toiletries, etc. and set up her crib. We have to get curtains, too. Plus we have to put her name up on the wall over her crib, but I won't be showing pictures of that until she's born. ;)

I definitely feel 40 weeks pregnant this week. No joke. I feel huge and am fully embracing my waddle. I can barely turn over in bed and I need assistance to get up from the couch. I've been having cramping and what I think are Braxton Hicks for a couple weeks. I experience them daily now. I had none of this with Ezra and was eventually induced, but I have cramping that feels like my very first minor pitocin contractions at the beginning of labor with him. I have no idea what this means, but hopefully it means she is practicing to come out on her own because that's what's necessary for my VBAC! Hopefully she's not practicing too much, she needs to cook for 7 more weeks first! 

Happy tax day!

No comments:

Post a Comment