Friday, March 21, 2014

the little things.

The other day when I went into Ezra's room to get him out of bed in the morning, he started bouncing up and down as soon as he saw me. I picked him up and he gave me a long hug.

This morning he grabbed his little blanket and held it over his shoulders behind him like a cape and ran around the living room.

This week it was over 40 degrees outside so I got to wear new flip flops.

2 weeks ago at the grocery store, I saw that the spring Oreos with the yellow cream were finally out.

Last week, I made an adorable new wreath for my front door.



It's the little things that can really brighten my whole day.


I recently came across a challenge called 100 Happy Days. The challenge is to find something, just one thing, every day for 100 days in a row, that makes you happy and submit a photo of it. The website says that 71% of people fail to complete the challenge because they "don't have time" to submit one happy thing each day.

Those who successfully finished the challenge reported to be happier at the end than they were when they started, just because they found one little thing to be happy about every day.

You can use #100HappyDays on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to "submit" your photo every day or you can just email your photo to the site. (You can find more directions on the website.) 

I've noticed that it's been pretty easy to find one simple thing to be happy about each day, whether it's a smile from Ezra or the sun shining through the window. Trying to find 100 different things might be a challenge, though. Obviously my family makes me happy every single day, but I think trying to find a new thing to be happy about each day could really change my perspective and help me realize that I really do have a lot to be happy about. Even if my day has been less than awesome, there's gotta be just one small thing that makes me smile, even if it's just the smell of my coffee brewing or the feeling I get when my head hits the pillow at the end of the day.

Do you think you can have 100 happy days in a row? 

Follow me on Instagram (@chalysek3) to see my #100HappyDays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment